Insider Threat Detection That Sniffs Out Data Anomaly Behaviour
The greatest threat to enterprise security is the people already have access to sensitive data. However, when insiders abuse this access, or when insiders are exploited by outside attackers, enterprise data is exposed.
According to CERT (Carnegie Mellon University), 75% of insiders that had stolen sensitive data, had access to the information at the time of theft.
Detection and containment of insider threats requires an expert understanding of both users and how they use enterprise data.
Here are some questions for you to consider:
- How would you know whether a person is unauthorised in attempting to gain access to data?
- How would you know whether a person is unauthorised in attempting to damage or destroy data sets?
- How would you know whether a person is unauthorised in attempting to extract credentials?
- How would you know whether a person is unauthorised in obfuscation of data sets?
- How would you know whether a person is unauthorised in exploiting elevated privileges in order to gain access to data sets?
The key for any business viability is “Detection” and “Alert” on suspicious activities on files and email systems.
How Can CommsNet Group Help?
CommsNet Group can help you develop a strategy for your organisation to
- Monitor critical assets for suspicious and unusual behaviour
- Detect critical events and compromised assets
- Alert and short cut the time to identify and assess the real issue
- Visualise, interpret and analyse your data in an ongoing basis
- Defend against insider threats, ransomware, and potential data breaches
- Get meaningful insights into user and data patterns, security risks, and social connections
- Get the full picture of user data access across your organisation